Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm losing my mind probably

Look at me, blogging so often. Aren't you proud of me?  You should be haha.

You know that stereotype: Women are bad drivers.
?

false.

My experience lately has been just the opposite.  Men are bad drivers.  Maybe it's because they are bad at multitasking, maybe it's because they are naturally more...dangerous (not sure what word I was looking for there)...people than women are.  But I've noticed that the guys I've gone on dates with, or just ridden in a car with are all...not so good drivers.  They speed, stop 1 centimeter behind the car in front of them, etc.  Maybe I'm just saying this because I'm supposedly a "grandma driver" and so I think anything 5 miles over the speed limit is speeding (that's sort of an exaggeration...) but nonetheless, I've been in the car with quite a few scary drivers lately, and I thought I would just say that I think women are better drivers than men.  Period.

Though with that said - I would rather ride in the car with a guy driving then have to drive myself.
I hate driving.
My good friends know this.  Ever since a giant UTA bus smashed into my beastly tank Durango, I have been terrified of driving.  I hate it!

You know when you open yourself up to someone, trust them more than you ever have trusted anyone before.  Share your mind, your thoughts, hopes, dreams.  Everything?  And then it all comes crashing down and you can't figure out if the short fairy tale really did happen or if it was actually a dream? And then you talk to said person and realize that everything you felt----feel for them hasn't gone away and probably won't no matter how much you mask it?  No matter how much you pretend to everyone that the bandage on your broken heart is actually the strongest bandage ever invented, though in reality there isn't really a bandage on your heart and you just pretend and come off strong to everyone so that they don't ask questions? And because your problems don't matter anymore since it's been such a long time?  Well...anyway. It still hurts. Always will I think.

Did that even make sense?
I'm losing my mind probably.

2 comments:

  1. One notable exception: Ashley in high school. I can't speak as to the quality of her driving now, but back when we were 16 I felt like I was taking my life into my hands every time she drove that van haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Annie. Agreed. Scary scary Ashley driver (love you ash, if you happen to see this!)

    ReplyDelete