Sunday, March 7, 2010

service

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I really want to do a humanitarian trip of some sort.  I've heard about people's experiences who have been fortunate enough to have the chance to go and it makes me want to go soooo badly!  My sister gets to go to Peru for 2 weeks this summer, live in a tree house, and serve the people in the Amazon jungle in Peru.  How jealous am I?

very

So, inspired by my wonderful friend Megan (see her blog here) I have been seriously considering spending 2 and a half months of my life in summer 2011 in Ecuador serving the children in an orphanage.  I've heard amazing things about this program and now all I can think about is getting the chance to go there myself.  I don't even want to wait until 2011 to go....but I don't have a choice. I've got so much already planned for this summer, and my parents would never let me opt out on a semester of school to go there. So, my only option is to go that summer.  Which would be so incredible! I don't speak a word of Spanish (okay I know how to say hello and thank you...), but I can only imagine the amazing experience this could be for me!  So, here's to me going to Ecuador in Summer '11!

1 comment:

  1. i totally wanna do this too! sounds so amazing. although i think it would be so so hard to leave all those kids when you had to go home.

    ReplyDelete