This week I finally made good on a promise I made to myself during the 21 Days Closer to Christ challenge that I did with Lambda Delta Sigma in March/April. (If you don't remember what it was you can find a little bit about it here) During the fantastic sisterhood fireside, Emily Freeman told us about how her family had gone out and found a picture of Christ for each of them. It couldn't be just any picture of Him, it had to be one that reflected each of their testimonies. This struck me as something I should do, and it has taken me almost a month to get done. But, after searching distribution centers, and Deseret Book's online store, I finally found my testimony picture. It is beautiful, and I cannot wait to frame it and have it hanging in my room.
I also found many other gems on Deseret Book's website for which I splurged and purchased. It was worth it though, there's something about art (and music) that just gets me. It strikes my spirit on just the right chord, and I love it. So, if you are ever in need of fairly inexpensive (the most I spent for a pic was $19, the least was $0.50), yet beautiful Gospel works of art (or anything, really) check out DB's website. You'll love it!
Oh and just something to make me (and hopefully you) smile.


love that idea and I am the same way with art and music, I have the picture of the savior and the little african baby in my room I love it... i'm still so sad I missed that fireside!
ReplyDelete