Saturday, January 8, 2011

resolution

2010 taught me a lot about love. What it is to really love another person more than you love anything or anyone else in the entire world. What it feels like to be loved back, even if it's brief, fleeting. What it truly feels like to put someone else's needs before your own. Complete and total trust in someone.



2010 also taught me what a broken heart really feels like. I've never felt so alone in my entire life than I do at this point right now.
One thing I do know with surety is that I am never completely alone. My Heavenly Father will never leave my by myself. He has been here for me through the darkest days. He's given me the greatest times of my life, and then told me they'll only get better. He has proved to me that one day my heart will never be broken again. Because of His love I know that one day someone will make me realize why I went through everything I did. It is so that I can spend forever with the one person who completes me. I won't pretend that I am patiently waiting for this, but I know it will happen exactly when it's supposed to.
What was the point of all that rambling, you ask?
My resolution this year is to not get my heart broken.
Because honestly, I can't do it. I cannot go through that anymore. It's broken enough as is. Time for a break. And 2011 seems like the perfect time for that.

2 comments:

  1. :( I am sorry Kristin. I know what you mean. It sucks. I know. I hope that you succeed! Let get together soon!

    ReplyDelete