Tuesday, April 6, 2010

snowing at midnight

It's April 6th.  Spring in most of the world.  Not in SLC.  Yesterday was a relatively nice day.  I wore a sweatshirt, jeans and converse to school and was perfectly comfortable (minus the wind that, when blowing, makes my bangs stand up like a mohawk haha) wandering around.  Then all of a sudden Utah weather happened.  One minute it was sunny, the next hail was battering the windshield of my car.  When I finally got home, I hunkered down in my love sac to watch The Sweet Hereafter (very sad movie - not recommended) and witnessed a blizzard begin.  A blizzard that lasted the entire evening and into the night.  Which, in it's own way was absolutely beautiful and I would have loved it.  If this were February.  Or Christmas.  But it's April!  It's supposed to be sunny/rainy and warm enough to wear my flip-flops to school (which, if you know me well, you know are my favorite shoes) and lay on the grass outside pretending to soak up some sun.
But last night I went to my friend's house and watched the NCAA Championship game Duke v. Butler. To be honest, I'm not passionate about either of those teams so I didn't really care who won.  It was quite an exciting game, and I enjoyed the company more than anything.  After the game, I engaged in a quick snowball fight, then headed home through the snow covered streets.  Pulling into my driveway, a short walk in the quiet snowy night was suggested and off we went.  It was perfect.  I got soaking wet, water was dripping off my hair in gigantic droplets, and my mascara was running swiftly down my cheeks.  But I was happy.  It was a wonderful night.  So, now you've learned something new about me.  I love late night walks in the snow.  

But now I've decided that, 
since there's 28 days until I am officially
out of school for the summer,
I am so ready for picnic weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment