This post is dedicated to the calling I have served in for the past year. One year ago I received a phone call asking if I would like to do a service for my sorority (Beta). I accepted willingly, and a few days later was called as the Rush officer. Honestly, I freaked. Rush officer? That's a huge deal! It's on my shoulders to get girls to join Beta. Big big deal. A week later I was sustained, and set apart, and the ball only rolled faster. 2 months later my Rush was completely planned, "Let It B" was in full swing. One stressful month later my work paid off. 28 new girls became members of Beta. Needless to say, I was so proud. This calling has been the greatest blessing of my life and I'm so sad to see it end. I cannot believe it's been a year since I was a little newbie, naive about how all things to do with Rush worked, and now, look what has happened. This year has been amazing. I cannot believe it's over! I'm actually crying as I type these words because when I thought joining Beta changed my life, it's nothing compared to how much being an officer has changed my life. It's been such an amazing experience, and the greatest opportunity to help serve these girls. I have gotten the chance to get to know the MOST AMAZING girls I have ever known, and served alongside 8 of the most fantastic women ever. I honestly can't believe it's that time already. One week from tonight I'll be released as Rush officer. Hold up! Please give me more time. There's so much more that I feel like I can do for these girls, and I want to be given the opportunity to do it all.
To all you Beta babes out there- thank you thank you thank you for making this the best year of my life. I would not be the girl I am today without your wonderful examples to guide me along. Your testimonies, sweet spirits, and happy smiles made my week so much better, and getting the chance to serve you has blessed me more than any of you know. So thank you for always being so willing and so amazing. I will always remember you girls and the memories we made this year. Don't worry, I'll still be around next semester!
To J, Joce, Mich, Linds, Whit, Brit, Gaily, and (of course) Jana- You are my best friends. You've been my rock through everything and I know I can always count on you. Thank you for all your support and help over the past year, for liking my ideas, for everything. You are all the most amazing women that I know, and I hope we are always close friends. I owe so much to all of you, you have helped change my life in so many ways. Your spirits have touched mine and have made me want to be better. I look up to all of you more than you know, and am so grateful for the past year that I got to spend serving and working with all of you. It has been an amazing blessing, and I am so grateful for it. Thank you thank you thank you again. For everything.
awww thanks Kristin! I am glad that you joined beta, I will never forget all the hilarious times we've had and everything! GO BETA WOOT!
ReplyDeleteI love you guys! Beta has been amazing and totally slashed my fears of being friendless when i moved here. Joining was the best decision i could have made and i cant wait for next year...it's gonna be EPIC!!!
ReplyDelete