Monday, September 10, 2012

tribute

On Saturday, September 8, 2012, heaven gained another angel, and the world lost one.
My dear, dear grandmother passed away—joined her eternal companion in heaven.
She had been having some health problems for a long time, and decided it was her time to go.
She was at home, in her chair, watching TV and making family Christmas lists.
She was ready.


What a remarkable lady. I'm so blessed to be related to such an incredible woman (and to slightly resemble her quiet beauty). 
She was a nurse, a Relief Society president, a devoted mother, and a perfect grandmother. 
She used to make the most amazing tacos for us every month, deep fried, with perfect taco sauce and delicious cheese. 
She would take me to TGI Friday's for my birthday every year when I was a kid (and make all the waiter's sing happy birthday to me), and then let me pick out a toy at the local toy store. 
She made the most incredible "Super Sauce" (hot chocolate sauce) for ice cream. 
She once told me, in her jokingly hilarious way, that I should probably elope because it would save my dad a lot of money one day. 
I will never forget the time we made her eat some "Pop Rocks" because she had never tasted them before, and as soon as she got them in her mouth, she started laughing, and ended up with tears streaming down her face because she was laughing so hard. 
She always bought us something from Land's End, or L.L. Bean for Christmas (usually pjs, a towel, or a canvas tote).
She always made sure we knew how much she loved us, every minute of every day.


I felt her spirit in the sunset tonight, and last night too. Her own peaceful way to tell me that everything will be okay, and again to remind me of how much she loves me.

I will miss her immensely, but I know she is in a better place, and I know that I will see her again someday. Love you Gram, you changed my life. Thank you for being so amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment